• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another no start thread!

94xj.destroyer

NAXJA Forum User
About a month ago, sometimes my engin would pause a couple of seconds before starting. I havent driven it in the past few weeks because it needed an axel swap. Now that the swap is done, I went to turn the key and I only hear the fuel pump, no engin. I have checked several wire conections. The ignition coil has no spark. Where should I look next? Sorry for the noob question, I have done a search, and found nothing.

well if there is no spark and u said that sometimes you would turn the key and wouldnt do anything and then suddenly start i would think it could be something with either you ignition switch or the wires in the steering colum. if all that checks out then try your cps sensor.

I checked those, but I'll triple check again. I guess now I'm going to replace the cps. Only problem is the cps thats in there only has two wires and are wired tied into the harness and the replacement cps I have is three wire.

im not sure if i need a cps or what. mine has no spark anywhere and turns over better then it ever did. by the way it sat in six feet of water for a couple hours well not six feet but up to the hood...rotor cap coil and ignition control module are all testing fine... some one told me ecm...but what the hell does a 90 renix have and where is it. please help want to go wheelin so bad.

Back