• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Coil Height

Tripower389

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

well i managed to come accross what i was told to be a set of 3/4 to 1'' lift coils for my 1993 cherokee. I am wondering what the height measurement on a stock coil is. I realise that there is more to a lift spring then just coil length. I am hoping to gauge the size of the coils i have compared to the stock ones. Any information would be appreciated

- Jason

lift coil lengths are not dependent on length, but on rate. Most aftermarket or replacement coils are "stiffer" and do not compress as much as stock XJ coils.

Chuck,

Thanks that will let me get a ball park idea....... jfiscus i get what you are saying but im just looking for a rough estimate.

-jason

Tripower389 said:
Chuck,

Thanks that will let me get a ball park idea....... jfiscus i get what you are saying but im just looking for a rough estimate.

-jason

I have installed lift coils for XJs that are shorter than stock coils from XJs - this is what I am trying to get across to you, a rough estimate is impossible.

the coils that I measured were replaced by F-150 coils that are 2" shorter & lifted mys sons rig almost 3", I just happened to have them handy for a measurement so I decided to be agreeable .And of course you are correct, my 3" Pro-Comp coils are about the same height as the stockers, just twice the diameter.

Back