• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
Well, its time for shock, as i noticed a puddle under the rear ones the other day and i think my shocks are limiting my travel. I am thinking of getting the rubicon express monotubes. Would it benefit me to get stiffer alving in the front to help force the rear to work more? I am also open to suggestions for shocks as well. This is a DD as well, so it needs to be somewhat soft on the street.

Need more info. Lift height, how you drive, what's your budget, etc. If you're just looking for a basically good shock, most monotubes will be good, and the RE shocks are valved specifically for an XJ. I couldn't recomemend them personally since I haven't run them, but they should be a good choice.

Im guna measure up for shocks. yea, i basically need a set of decent shocks. I dont want to spend a bunch of money, Im prob going to measure and order some rubicon mono's. They have a set of front shocks valved for leave springs. Would these be a stiffer shock? Like for a yj

No way to know. An XJ has the motor moved further forward than most other rigs, so can use a stiffer spring and shock valving. I wouldn't count on something else being stiffer. I'd go for the XJ valving, or take a chance on calling them and the guy you talk to actually knowing the difference.

Back