• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'89 No E-fan (missing)

kujito

NAXJA Forum User
There is no electric fan in my jeep(1989 Pioneer, 4.0, AW4, no lift).:dunno:
I'm wondering how to hook one up? It looks fairly obvious where the fan should be mounted as there are some rectangle tabs w/slots down low(near bottom of rad) and a few screw holes along the top of the header panel. My question is what next? What does it connect to electrically? Should there be a plug in there somewhere. It looks like there may have been a fan there at some point, but I don't really know.

Thanks,
Brian

I believe the connector goes under the airbox from the drivers side of the inner fender, blue and grey if I remember

No a/c = No auxiliary fan. Blue/grey sounds right to me as well for the connector. Look for a later-model fan with the curved blades though as it reportedly flows more air and runs a bit quieter. I can't confirm right now, but I'm pretty sure the connector remained the same throughout. If not, a little splicing action will work.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I am running a JY fan right now from another 87 Model....

The fan sits in the slots on the radiator support and is held on the top with two small screws.....

Back