• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

G'day

Jesso59

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I'm from Newcastle, NSW, Australia and have recently purchased a Jeep Cherokee Limited with full options including electric seats, ABS, power windows, cruise control. My problem is I need a diagram which tells me what the numbers on the fuse box are for as I'm having a few electrical issues and nothing I've searched for on the net corresponds with my vehicle. I even purchased a repair manual but it didn't cover the Limited version. Can anyone here help me, it would be much appreciated. Oh and its a 4.0Ltr inline 6 with auto trans

Last edited:
And it would also help if you gave with the year (we can just about assume it's right-hand-drive, but it would be nice to know if not. Later models did have some electrical changes...)

You may also want to try to hit up GoJeep - he's Down Under as well, and is a frequent contributor. And, he's done some damned effective mods...

G'day!

*blush* sorry... it's plated Built Oct94 but compliance plate says 12/95.
There are 28 fuse positions in the under dash panel and I have no idea which is which except that pos 7 is the electric antenna and yes it's right hand drive.

Now we're getting somewhere...

I'm getting ready to turn in, but I'll write a note to myself to see if I have my 1994 or 1995 FSM handy, and I'll dig it up if you haven't any responses. (Please acknowledge inline so this thread will be put on my "new" list...)

My scanner is on the fritz at the moment - are all of your PDC (Power Distribution Centre - name of the underhood fuse/relay block) positions numbered? I can give you a list by number, if that's the case.

Also (really stupid question...) is the cover for the PDC not present? I only ask because a key is usually either printed on the outside or moulded on the inside of the cover, except for 2000-2001 models (no, I don't know why not either...)

How's the weather down there? Haven't been to Oz since 1994 or so - and that was to Alice Springs. Been both drunk and hit in the head entirely too many times since then...:laugh:

The PDC has a cover, the issue is with the under dash fuse panel numbered 1-28 which I have no idea of their functions... weather here is sunny but bloody cold lol mmmm alcohol thanks for taking the time :)

Last edited:
Ah. And the printing there is a bit weak, and can wear off over time. I've seen it before - and now it's clear (as mud!)

Yeah - I'd be boozing it up more, but one side effect of depakote (post-traumatic headache, try #3) is impaired liver function. I found this out after a fifth this past week-end - I felt like I was working on my second gallon...

Welcome to :NAXJA: Jesso59!! :wave:

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really impressed with the Cherokee, it's a top vehicle for its age, just wish the dealers here kept older stuff a bit longer and that I knew a bit more about them.

They mentioned Go-jeep. Look his web site over it'll be interesting for you.

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/

Right hand drive and everything. He can probably help you out on parts sourcing.

Back