• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U Bolt question

GaryNSJersey

NAXJA Forum User
Any one know how long my U bolts need to be . I bought a used set of RE 3.5" coils and leaf spring packs . What I am asking is do any of you know what length U bolts I need to install them on my 97 with the 8.25 rear . The springs are do here soon and I would like to order the U bolts so I am ready to go .

I cant say what legenth because i dont know. but you need to consider what axle you have as the diffrent tubes have diffrent diamaters. That said I always get u-bolts at a local spring shop, they will make them to diamater on the spot, and they are always tougher then anything aftermarket, plus they are LONG so you have more then enough, just cut them yourself to legenth when you find out what you need.

try to keep a old one, and then put the new leafs in and set them on the axle, then see if the old ones are long enough, if not then add a few inches. done,

I am not really trying to put together anything unusual I am just trying to get all of the needed hardware in advance . I can't seem to get through to RE just to ask and order what ever U bolt they supply when they sell this kit new . I have no problem ordering directly from them or anyone else . I just thought if some one knew the length I could handle the rest. I am in NJ and the springs are on their way from Main at this time .

Rubicon Express Part #RE1225 U-bolt kit 3.0"x9.0". These are part of the RE6030 Super-flex kit for C8.25 axle.

Cheers

Back