• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone want to help cut fenders this weekend?

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Exactly as the title says. I've been wanting to trim the fenders for a while now, and haven't had much time available. Now I moved into an apartment complex where I can't work on the jeep, so that makes it a little harder.

Is anyone here in SD interested in donating some time/garage space/tools for a couple hours this weekend? I can supply pizza/drinks, or something along those lines, or pay for your time. I just really didn't want to spend $50 on tools to do that job and have them just sit around forever after that.

Thanks
Dustin

btw, I don't have internet @ home, so after about 3pm today, I won't get to check on here until I go to the library or somewhere to get online. Feel free to text me or give me a call 619-302-3803

Thanks again for letting me use your tools, Mike! I smoothed out the fronts with the grinder today, and hammered the backs in and they look good. The trim looks great on the front, now I just have to figure out what to do with the backs.

silverslk said:
Front before:
DSC03169-2.jpg

Front after:
DSC03170-2.jpg

Rear Before:
DSC03168-2.jpg

Rear After:
DSC03175-2.jpg

Close-up of the trim on the front:
DSC03177-2.jpg

One of the rear bumper caps came off on the way home, not sure how because i tightened them well. oh well, no biggie. I also put a little flat black on the edge of the rear fender to cover where the paint chipped off.

Overall I'm satisfied at how it turned out. Now I just need some bigger tires to fill up the space :D

Last edited:
Back