• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker problems kind of

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I installed my lockrite up front D-30 last weekend. All went ok till I read the instructions and relized I had to pull out the carrier and remove the ring gear to get the damn thing in there.
:rattle:

Got it all done but now I have a slight draging sound and vibration( like when I need a ballance) on the right side. When I removed the carrier I was carefull to mark the bearing clamps, and the ring gear to be sure I got em back the way they are. Tonight I took the wheel off and checked every thing to be sure it was all tight (hub bolts, axel nut, Caliper bolts, lug nuts ect.) all good Checked the hub couldn't hear any noise or get it to move (except around like it's supposed to):gee:

What the hell else could I have done wrong?:helpme::helpme:

OH HELL I was afraid someone would say that. I'll have to tear it apart this weekend. Is there another way of checking the unit bearing/hub? or if it's bad will it move around real easy?

split it off the axle and off the knuckle and turn it back and forth in your hands. Shouldnt feel any drag on it. If so its prolly shot. Also did you beat the crap out of the hub with a hammer to get it out?? Or back in?? If so this will distroy the unit bearing. Use a puller to get it out and clean the inside of the knuckle and outside of the unit bearing when re installing it. Put anit-seize or grease inside where they meet up to insure it comes out a little easier later and will keep the rust from holding it in. use the 3 bolts to pull it back in. Hitting it will ruin it for sure.

Ya I knew not to hit it. It actually came off by just pulling it. I was shocked. very little rust. I'll pull it off and just replace the damn thing it's only 130.00 or so If that don't fix it I'll keep the old one for a spare. thanks for the info.

NAXJA :yelclap:

Well the new hub fixed the rubbing noise but not the vibes. I'll get my tires ballanced next week. At least most of it's fixed
:clap: :clap:

Back