• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody going to junkyards this weekend?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to try to get to a couple. I am in dire need of an A/C bracket. I broke a bolt off in mine and tried drilling it out. I have someone going to try to fix it, but I would like to get another just in case.

This dang bracket is keeping me from getting my XJ back on the street. I want to get it done so I can bring it to the Rockgarden next weekend!

Anyone?

Good luck, but you are NOT likely to find a 97+ XJ in a self-serve junkyard. I've only seen like 3 in the past few years.

If you really, really need the bracket right away, bite the bullet and go to AMC Salvage in Wilmington or Scotty's in Fontana.

xjohnnyc said:
Good luck, but you are NOT likely to find a 97+ XJ in a self-serve junkyard.

If you really, really need the bracket right away, bite the bullet and go to AMC Salvage in Wilmington or Scotty's in Fontana.
exactly.

here is the number for AMC, a jeep only yard. 310-830-6880
give em a call they will tell ya if they have one and how much. be warned tho, he aint cheap.

good luck rob, hope to see you at the garden!
:D

Robert, let me know if you want to go to AMC on Saturday. I like walking around that place. :D

That's a big waste of two extra bucks. :D I went back there once.

xjohnnyc said:
Good luck, but you are NOT likely to find a 97+ XJ in a self-serve junkyard. I've only seen like 3 in the past few years.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that has that problem. On any given day there will be 15-20 XJ's at my local PnP, and I've never seen a 97+ there. Doesn't stop me from checking though.

Saw one last weekend in the Premium yard of Sun Valley.............

xjohnnyc said:
That's a big waste of two extra bucks. :D I went back there once.

yeah i did it once... there was a better ZJ in the regular yard than the primo one.

Back