• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback on these bumpers?

If cheap is what you are looking for I think you found it, and not in a good way. You are going to use the stock mounting brackets to support a winch? And look at the winch plate..... its held on by two peices of angle steel with some shoddy welds. I would save my money and keep looking. Those things are junk imo.

Not to mention that they are Fugly.

Actually it looks as if the front brackets tie into the steering box bolts. As far as I can tell from the picture it looks like it actually would hold a winch fine if they tie in to more then the 3 bumper mount bolts, and it looks like it does. Moved to mod tech!

problems w/ the bumpers.
1) front bumper (winch bumper) only ties into 4 holes.
2) front shackle mounts look to be flat welded to the tube.
3) rear shackle mounts as well
4) rear bumper (w/ recover points) only uses stock 8 holes, all bolts in straight pull through thin metal.

if you're lookin for just cheap, that's what these are, but there are plenty of other inexpensive bumpers out there. and they look better too (JCR, AJ's, TnT for starters)

my main concern is functionality

then do NOT buy this bumper, the bumper in the link is for somone that wants bumpers that look cooler then stock but have no money. you could rip that rear bumper off trying to pull out an atv, the stock mounts are not designed to be pulled from and thats what it uses to mount it. if you never plan to use a winch or pull someone out with the bumpers then yea buy them, other wise find something else and save yourself some money. yea you will pay more but when you rip off one of those cheaper bumpers and it injures someone youll be wishing you spent a little more money up front.

used arc welder 100$
misc scrap steel 200$
4.5" angle grinder 20$
learning to do it yourself. priceless

i would never fork out 400$ (100$hipping)plus tax for those two bumpers:moon:

88rockxj said:
then do NOT buy this bumper, the bumper in the link is for somone that wants bumpers that look cooler then stock but have no money. you could rip that rear bumper off trying to pull out an atv, the stock mounts are not designed to be pulled from and thats what it uses to mount it. if you never plan to use a winch or pull someone out with the bumpers then yea buy them, other wise find something else and save yourself some money. yea you will pay more but when you rip off one of those cheaper bumpers and it injures someone youll be wishing you spent a little more money up front.

used arc welder 100$
misc scrap steel 200$
4.5" angle grinder 20$
learning to do it yourself. priceless

i would never fork out 400$ (100$hipping)plus tax for those two bumpers:moon:
Plus gloves, plus a helmet, plus magnets, plus squares, plus bolts, plus time, plus.......

A lot of people are better off buying a bumper rather then the equipment to do it themselves, and also having to learn how to weld.

As for those bumpers, not only do they look like ass, they are horribly designed. Look for other options.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=960792

^Somebody else already posted about the same bumpers. They're cheaply made, almost stock mounting bracket, and uuuuuugggllllyyyy as he11 to boot. Not to mention this part "constructed from 3"x4" 1/8" wall box tube" they're overpriced crap selling for different prices on ebay.

Starboard M said:
Plus gloves, plus a helmet, plus magnets, plus squares, plus bolts, plus time, plus.......

A lot of people are better off buying a bumper rather then the equipment to do it themselves, and also having to learn how to weld.

As for those bumpers, not only do they look like ass, they are horribly designed. Look for other options.

add 30$ for cheap gloves and a helmet, where did i say that it was for everyone? it was an option to do it CHEAP like the op mentioned. a lot of people are better off getting off the couch and learning to use their hands instead of just opening their pockets, and why do you need magnets to build a bumper? ive built many with out them, sure there nice and work great but seriously you NEED them? you can also use your welder and grinder more then once, its an investment.

but seriously thanks for pointing out building your own stuff isnt for everyone, i dont think very many people on this website are aware of whether they are capable of doing it themselves or not and you stepping up to the the plate to answer for them is very nice of you.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will keep looking!

As far as the welder.........yeah, i'd love to learn, but I have so much on the go right now I just don't have the time. Someday though.

Back