• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glassworks Fenders Part II (pics)

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after all the fiasco with the fenders, I contacted Tim at glassworks, who when he saw the pictures, asked if I could bring it back down for them to get them fitted. I happily obliged with the help of Andy (SilverSLK) and Craig (Wrong Beach XJ) driving it back and forth. Thanks guys!

Anyway, they got them to fit WAY better than I ever could have, but looks like they had to do a decent amount of cutting.

Anyway, they built a bracket in a spot that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with. They also trimmed the bottoms for me, by request, to match the newer style fenders, and not hang down to the bottom of the bumper.

Here are some overall pictures. Now I just need to get them painted.

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

Looking good Jim, that is pretty good customer service on their behalf!

You know you are gonna need to do something about the whole I can not take a weekend off thing once your rig is done........
If you dont, you will be wheeling alone during the week!! lol

Right on jim !! Get em painted, looks sweet man now we got to romp them off the hinges

tcm glx said:
You know you are gonna need to do something about the whole I can not take a weekend off thing once your rig is done........
If you dont, you will be wheeling alone during the week!! lol
Yea I know, he's looking to hire another guy, which means I'll schedules will be changing, I'm going to have to tell him to give me at least one weekend day off... this is getting old lol.

Plus not being able to see my girlfriend.

dude at least primer em you look like a 909 flabiller... white fenders are for rusty yotas and lifted chevys that never go offroad :D

lookin good btw lol.
:cheers:

Yeah Grimm, he lives in Hemet how much more flatbill could he get??? HAHA I think they are quite fitting.

That one never tires Jim!!!!

welcome to being afraid you're going to crack your fenders when you go crawling in the notch on cleg lol. :cheers:

GrimmJeeper said:
welcome to being afraid you're going to crack your fenders when you go crawling in the notch on cleg lol. :cheers:

Lol, that was so me for years.

silverslk said:
So, I have to ask........

Why put something on your jeep if it makes you afraid to wheel it?????
It's not going to make me afraid to wheel it... It's going to get me making smarter decisions, that involve me going home with a Jeep in tact at the end of the day, leave with what I came with. I'm not all about destroying my junk to prove a point.

crazyjim said:
It's not going to make me afraid to wheel it... It's going to get me making smarter decisions, that involve me going home with a Jeep in tact at the end of the day, leave with what I came with. I'm not all about destroying my junk to prove a point.

I have to disagree. Its gonna make you not try stuff that your rig probably can do because you are afraid of damaging a fender.......look at going through the notch that time and running almost ALL of Cleghorn stock on 225's. You won't push your jeep at all. :wierd:

Back