• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket radio

I'm a pioneer fan. Better SQ than most other head units similarly priced.

My Radio Shack 8-track rocks the best!:conceited

RCP Phx said:
My Radio Shack 8-track rocks the best!:conceited

doglaugh.gif

Heres what I got.......
4 years old.
just sumpin simple........
I dont need amps or subs, this works for me.
icon12.gif

CDX-GT300
1CDX-GT300.jpg

1dfb7b25D.jpg

1dfb7b25B.jpg

Rear......
3-ways
XS-V1630
2XS-V1630.jpg

(no pic installed)

Front doors.....
4-ways
XS-V1641H
3XS-V1641H.jpg

1dfb7b25A.jpg

1dfb7b25.jpg

Last edited:
Sony Xplod CDXGT11-W Cheap walmart special, but it does great for me!!!

My front speakers are Wal-mart Roadmasters 5 1/4 inchers....

The hatch squeaker (which are going away once I get my sub-box hooked up) are the crappy OE's.......

I have a pioneer deh-2000mp and I love it. It cost around $100. It plays mp3 and has an input on the front so you can plug in your ipod or mp3 player. It looks clean in the jeep too.
DEH2000MP.jpg

I love my Pioneer Super Tuner III, its always treated me good and never lacked on power. My vote is for Pioneer, they make quality stuff. :thumbup:

Aftermarket radios are ugly as hell. I have some Sony mp3 head unit with an iPod input, and the red buttons and blue screen drive me crazy. I want to replace it with an OEM Chrysler one.

Why does no company make a cleanly styled matte black headunit??

I've had a pair of Pioneers in my Cherokees; no problems with either one although I can't think of model numbers at this point. My newest one is about 7 years old at this point and has never skipped on a trail (when it has made it there).

I even had a custom mount made for it:
redneck_radio.jpg

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Nakamichi used to make quality head units, without being all gaudy, not sure what, if anytihng, they are making now.

I've always been an alpine man. I had one in my first 4wd vehicle (a stock 87 pathfinder). It never skipped even once, and the sound is top notch too. Nothing like slamming 40's and blasting gangster rap on the backway to los alamos.

Back