• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler rear coil conversion

razdrvr

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know anything about this system? pro or con

I think you're better off spending some time making your rear suspension work properly. 90% of XJ's don't have a rear leaf setup that performs like it really could.

BrianHO13 or DirkPitt on here sponsor the board with a shackle relocation bracket. That mixed with a 1" - 1.5" lift shackle and a spring to do the rest of the lift and a shackle angle that will do its job would perform really good, and ride a hell of alot better.

Don't do a rear coil conversion without being prepared to spend some money on swaybars like the Currie to stabilize the thing.

You know what they say about assuming.
I have the exact setup you are talking about from BrianHO13.
I'd like info my original question
razdrvr said:
Anyone know anything about THIS system? pro or con

razdrvr said:
You know what they say about assuming.
I have the exact setup you are talking about from BrianHO13.
I'd like info my original question

I believe I offered some to that as well.

WheelinJR said:
Don't do a rear coil conversion without being prepared to spend some money on swaybars like the Currie to stabilize the thing.

Alot of people running coils complain of the trail instability and unloading factor. My advice is to just be ready to spend some $ in stabilizing the Jeep.

I don't know if that necessarily lands in either of the pro's or con's sections, but moreso just an informational.

As for quality, RK has a good reputation. Another good option is the Claytons version, very proven quality and lands at $1500 range.

I really like the RK rear coil kit. I don't have anything bolt on on my rig, but I've said that kit is one thing that I wouldn't hesitate to bolt on. I think they did a very good job engineering the setup, and it works well. I've wheeled plenty with Joe Daro from Pheonix who had one on his XJ.

Anyone here have pics of the setup on a rig.....also pics of the clayton?

Back