• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Sahara Wheels onto a Cherokee

yes they will fit the bolt pattern is sthe same, the sahara wheels have less backspacing, they will stick out @ 1" further then stock

dinorl007 said:
yes they will fit the bolt pattern is sthe same, the sahara wheels have less backspacing, they will stick out @ 1" further then stock
Unless they are newer than a TJ body style, the JKs have a 5x5 bolt pattern that will not bolt up to the XJ without an adapter.

i ran them on my xj, had 30" 9.5 all terrains, on them ran em on a 94 and 99 both rubbed the rear sway bar end the backspacing was off and chewed up the sidewall pretty good, then i just too the sway bar out and it was fine

dinorl007 said:
the sahara wheels, better kown as Canyons have the same backspacing as stock cherokee wheels only difference is that there 15x8's and the cherokee wheels are 15x7

sbilbrey said:
Thats exactly what I am looking at, thx for the advice. Did they always rub or just when wheeling.

Sammer
i never had any rubbing issues with mine off road, even with no sway bars, check out first post in this thread for pics of mine a few years ago with a 2" budget boost and 30" tires on Canyons, i also ran it stock for a month with the 30's with out any rubbing either
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79899

I believe that the 97 Saharas (at least mine) came with 15x7 Grizzlys, not the Canyons. As stated above, they will fit just fine.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
I believe that the 97 Saharas (at least mine) came with 15x7 Grizzlys, not the Canyons. As stated above, they will fit just fine.

'97 Saharas did in fact have Grizzly wheels. Said wheels came stock on some '96 Cherokee's.

I've got the 15x8 canyons on my '87 with 30x9.5's and a 3" lift with no rear sway bar. The work perfect, no rubbing at all.

Back