• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PARTS'n stuff

jamieg1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there,

I am looking to find OEM parts for my 2000 XJ. I am getting a p0455 and was figuring that it was the evap canister vent line coming off the Fuel tank. IT's pretty rusted so why not replace it. I was also going to replace the 2 ventline that run from the evap canister to the engine compartment. Figuring they might be the culprits. I have already replaced the gas cap with a cap from a jeep dealer. Where is the best place to find this stuff online? The dealer is a hassle to get to.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Jamie

You should diagnose the problem first, instead of just throwing parts at it. P0455 is a large EVAP leak I believe. First, clear the code out and drive for awhile, see if it comes back. If the CEL comes back on with the same code, then you do have a problem and it's not a fluke.

Assuming you've done that already...have a good shop take a look at it, what they do is use a special smoke machine to pump smoke into the EVAP system via the test port and locate the leak. I wouldn't replace the canister just because there's some rust on it and hope that fixes the problem...it may not.

Thanks for the reply. I am not looking to replace the canister, just the vent line. I have read several posts saying that the lines running to the engine compartment have had holes in them. My goal was to find the parts to replace the originals as opposed to spending $45-$100 to have someone else look at it.

I know what your saying about just replacing parts, but it drives me nuts to pay someone else to do something I could have done myself.

I really just want to find a place that has the replacement parts. Advanced auto parts has no clue what I am talking about.

Jamie

The lines will need to be ordered from your dealer but the tank sending unit should be easy to find online.
But you do know that all the stuff you want to change will run about $400.00 OEM not sure I would want to change all that because it looks like it could be bad.

$400 for 3 hoses???? I really don't thnk that will be the case. All I am trying to do is find out where I can get the hoses.

Back