• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA'S

mr.bigg

NAXJA Forum User
i know this topic is probably the preverbial dead horse but,i am building longarms for my waggy.i have read where guys have used dom round or square tube.which is the better of the 2.would a heavy wall welded seam tube work(.375 or so)

Sure. :)

All of what you posted will work, you'll mostly get opinions on preference. Make them as big and strong as you're comfortable with.

PVC is lighter weight.

Opinions are like.... You know. Everybody has one. As far as round vs square, I would prefer round. It is easier to get threaded bungs for it then. In My Opinion, welded seam tubing is fine. I built my short arms with (insert climactic music) schedule 80 pipe. Some people on here will say it is an accident waiting to happen, and how pipe is for poop and yada yada yada. They are strong, they are working great. It is up to you. Round DOM is going to be the strongest, and easiest IMO, but it's not cheap either.

Back