• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird yoke design need help

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
so on my d.d., 84' gmc sierra, i pulled my rear driveshaft off to replace the u-joint and it's held in by an injected piece of plastic that goes into a groove on the cap, is anyone familiar with this or know how to get it off?

nope the new joint has retaining clips on the outside of the caps. but thats chill. yeah im gonna have some dude press them out for me, thanks guys

The new u joint will have clips on the INSIDE of the yoke. It is neat to do actually, just heat the yoke up evenly, the plastic melts and spooges out like a little worm. Then you push out the caps, install the new joint, and put the clips on the INSIDE! There are flat sections on the inside of the yoke, which the clips rest against. There are no grooves on the outside to hold the clips. I believe you should have NAPA joint P/N P534G for that application.

Back