• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb bumper

yep. but the side pieces wont look like the later model specific ones...

A lot of people who run 33" or bigger tyres use the old style bumper on the new style Cherokee to enable proper clearance for the tyres. If you were to put on a new style ARB bumper like mine and run 33" tyres, you'll have to trim the end caps of the bumpers (like I'll be doing soon!), so your older style ARB should bode well for upgrades.

gorman said:
A lot of people who run 33" or bigger tyres use the old style bumper on the new style Cherokee to enable proper clearance for the tyres. If you were to put on a new style ARB bumper like mine and run 33" tyres, you'll have to trim the end caps of the bumpers (like I'll be doing soon!), so your older style ARB should bode well for upgrades.

Here's a late model bumper on my '94--we trimmed probably 3" off the ends and boxed them back in. Other custom touches are the extended mounts run through the face of the bumper and reinforced with angle iron to make real recovery points.

Jeep_on_Log.jpg

Last edited:
Back