• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission mount? did I break it or did it move?

xjjk

NAXJA Forum User
This is a new mount replaced a few months ago when I put the MORE mounts up front. Hit a big dip on the street today and bottomed out the butt hard.
my fan got caught under the clip and got stuck. I pried it out and bent the fins back. There is only 1/8?" clearance where the fan spins by the clip. I don't think there was much more before, but anyway when I put it in gear it now rubs.
before I crawl under there in this heat I thought I'd run this by y'all to see what you think I did this time. :O)
Thanks.

i'm thinkin the MORE mounts might be taller than stock... 'splain this "clip" that the fan got stuck in.. the top or bottom of the fan? sounds to me like the fan is bent now after the incident but it seems you altered the drivetrain angle and lost some clearance that you may not have noticed before.. ive never worked with the MORE parts so i cant visualize it from here. inspect the slipyoke on the rear d/s to see if you bottomed it out and forced the drivetrain forward... look VERY closely at the t/case for cracks. i've seen them break twice from rear shafts being too long.. think the rear mount broke again?

the clip /upper radiator mount that spans over the top of the radiator. The first 1/2" of the fan somehow got under it, guess on impact, and the fan got caught there. It spins true but the belt is a bit back so maybe the whole water pump ate it, dunno. I was a mile from home and haven't driven it after hearing it rub.
I think the rear mount ate it again or just allowed too much movement and the whole drivetrain is now seated wrong. Maybe if I loosen everything it could shift back? Dunno. it's been 90 + here so I'm in no hurry to go out there.

will definitely check the t case for cracks, thanks.

Back