• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube doors on my XJ.

DaffyXJ

NAXJA Member #929
Finally took the doors off. Saves well over 150 lbs by shedding them.
The rear is still open, but I'm still deciding if I want to keep the rear seats.
Pulled the carpet too, planning to rino line it or something similiar soon. Cool part is no more broken glass. Anyone need a set of 01 XJ Windows. :roflmao:

doors2.jpg

sunburned said:
+1 I've got a friend that can probably make me tube doors, but have no clue what to use for a latch.

bungee cord?:looney:

I used a 5 dollar latch from Lowes. The kind that piviots and hooks onto a stud. I'll shoot a pic this evening.
I cut a piece of thin (1/8th) wall square tube, welded the new angle to the tube door, welded the lowes latch to the angle, installed a spring to help keep it closed against vibration and it works like a champ. Note: I have a 01 model, but should work the same with the stud on the 96 and earlier xj's.

sunburned said:
+1 I've got a friend that can probably make me tube doors, but have no clue what to use for a latch.
A gate latch from a fence. Seen it on a few before, seemed to work fine.

how hard is this to make latches without a welder? i can get a set of tubes for like $50 for just the tubes, like jeeptubes .com or something i cant remember but how hard are those latches to do..?

$50 for tube doors? Is that front and rear? I'll take a set for my 4 door.

Back