• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's adj uca

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
i just got a pair of rustys adjustable upper control arms and im wondering how to adjust them to the right length. I have ome 2 in springs 2 in puck and rubicon express fixed lower control arms, im still riding on the stock upper control arms. How do i tell when the new uppers are adjusted correctly?

With fixed lowers, why get adjustable uppers, unless it is a future modification plan.

If it drives okay as in no vibrations, no death wobble, then the caster is within tolerance for the stock length arms and your lift. If that is so, adjust them to the length of the stock uppers, 15 inches as I recall. just pull one and measure center of eye to center of eye, dial in the new one and install. If you want to correct the pinion angle a little bit as you install the new ones go ahead and dial them out 1/4 inch or so to bring the pinion and caster back up. That will be raising the pinion (Lowering the ujoint operating angle) and bringing the caster more negative.
Oh, it is a good idea to do one at a time to lessen the wrap of the front axle.

Trackbar adjustment? How so? If you're asking about specific lengths at certain heights, I don't know. When my 4.5" lift was on, the last thing to get hooked up was the trackbar. With weight on the wheels, we turned the wheel left and right and bounced on the bumper a few times to equalize everything and center the axle left-right using the flares as guides. The trackbar was then installed to fit.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back