• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift. 33" tires.. Pics?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I spent an hour searching Jeepforum, and 20 mins searching here.

Can anyone post up pictures of 3-4" lift on 33"s.. ( cut fenders a + )

Thanks!:anon:

007-2.jpg

33" X 12.50" with 3.75"B.S.
lower wells trimmed, upper still stock. It'll need a bunch more before I'm done, but it's functional for a DD. The lift was a 4" (ish) lift from a donor XJ that was well used. It's sitting about 3.5" as she stands.

P.S. pic requests are usually frowned upon, so don't be surprised if the thread goes away fairly quickly.

Last edited:
in my case I am positive I'd rub the sway bar discos mounts up front with 33 12.5s on stock rims. I would NEED to do more backspacing.

I want to do 33s... but I have 2 sets of used 32s that will keep me going for a long time. Maybe i'll sell em and go 33s... hmmmm

Shorty said:
33" X 12.50" with 3.75"B.S.
lower wells trimmed, upper still stock. It'll need a bunch more before I'm done, but it's functional for a DD. The lift was a 4" (ish) lift from a donor XJ that was well used. It's sitting about 3.5" as she stands.

P.S. pic requests are usually frowned upon, so don't be surprised if the thread goes away fairly quickly.

How much of a difference does the backspacing make? What kind of trimming/lift would you estimate would be required without it (using the stock ~5" BS) or where would it be hitting? Thanks.

Also, to the other people that have posted examples, what backspacing are you using?

the picutre in the corner of my little box is my jeep when i had 33" swampers on the same 3.5" lift. alotta trimming but i like the low cog. ive since added a little shackle and bumpstopped the rear to help out.

blondejoncherokee said:
ive since added a little shackle and bumpstopped the rear to help out.
for anyone reading, bumpstops do not help out, they make or break a suspension setup... having them setup correctly is not optional if you want a properly working suspension.

Jonathan said:
How much of a difference does the backspacing make? What kind of trimming/lift would you estimate would be required without it (using the stock ~5" BS) or where would it be hitting? Thanks.

Also, to the other people that have posted examples, what backspacing are you using?

less backspacing pushes the wheel out from the center of the vehicle. I ran the same set up with stock rims and could only turn the steering wheel 2/3 of it's total travel. I rubbed the engine skid in the front and the rear wheel well and lower control arms in the back.

I personally think 4" of backspacing would have been enough, but I would rather have full steering and have to cut more fender, than cut a little less but loose some turning.

dont mind the mattress, its the most recent pic i have at ride height.. lol

DSCN2310.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

im at 3" front, almost 3.5" rear. i need to trim more up front. stock rims, 1.25" spacers (4" BS).

Back