• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Body lift Question

bc99xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 4" rough country lift with 32" i was thinking about just putting like a 1-2" body lift just to help keep the tires from f-ing my fenders up when crawling what do you guys suggest. ps dont have the money for a bigger lift

bc99xj said:
i have a 4" rough country lift with 32" i was thinking about just putting like a 1-2" body lift just to help keep the tires from f-ing my fenders up when crawling what do you guys suggest. ps dont have the money for a bigger lift

The solution to your problem is trimming+bumpstops.

I'll assume you are being seriuos and answer the question.

The XJ is a "uni-body" construction and there are other turms that others use but what that means is the frame and body are one unit and cannot be divorced or seperated.

Sorry dude, you will have to go suspension all the way.

EDIT: you guys type faaast!

bc99xj said:

as mentioned it is impossible to get a "Body Lift". The cheapest way to get your 2 more inches of lift is the COIL SPACERS and LONGER SHACKLES...
35427-md.jpg

However this can also mean driveline modifications... and most likely new shocks as well.

Last edited:
um.... i will just leave this one to you guys :flamemad:
:twak::D

:roflmao:
bc99xj said:

hahahahaha uhhhh thats a joke right?

bluejeepkid said:
:roflmao:

hahahahaha uhhhh thats a joke right?
gotta be a joke. someone with a modified rig asking about a body lift? :confused1

Hammered said:
as mentioned it is impossible to get a "Body Lift". The cheapest way to get your 2 more inches of lift is the COIL SPACERS and LONGER SHACKLES...
35427-md.jpg

However this can also mean driveline modifications... and most likely new shocks as well.
for even cheaper he can go to home depot and get a sawzall for $60 (i actually like using a jig saw for fender trimming) may even beable to get one cheaper at wally world

Mr. Pickle said:
The body lifts are at the store, right next to the headlight fluid......

speaking of headlight fluid.......my blinkers are running a little low and my exhaust is squeeking........hmm might need to replace the bearings soon....

!!!1 :twak:

bluejeepkid said:
speaking of headlight fluid.......my blinkers are running a little low and my exhaust is squeeking........hmm might need to replace the bearings soon....

!!!1 :twak:

The squeek could be your radiator bearings. Get some cross drilled break lines while you are at it when you replace the rad bearings, it'll be easier since you have to remove the carburetor to get to the IFS head bolt.

Yea i just had to replace those exaut bearings last week, u gotta watch out for the wiper hydraulic line too.

Need one of these?
mufflerbearing.jpg

O.K. im sorry but i gota ask, honest to god how much do you think it would take to do a bodylift on an XJ. Of course with no regard to end result, functionality and cost?

:conceited :sure: :smsoap: :wstupid:

I think it could be done, what happens if u just cut a seam all the way around and added sheat metal? lol nevermind it would just make it taller, not higher, O.K. i got it, just slap the XJ top minus suspension drivetrain etc. on like a Blazer frame, insirt bodylift and presto!

Back