• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy a winch???

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a winch, but i really need one that is small, or low profile because i'm wanting to fit it in between the front crossmembers behind the stock bumper. i know it will be a squeez but i can make it work. also, i want to spend very little on it... like around $500 or even less. is this possible? thanks

Harborfreight.com - they list 8, 10, and 12klb winches under 500 bucks, made by a company called Chicago Electric. i have not used these winches yet so can't comment on quality, but i am going to grab the 8k winch myself. this is my first winch, so i'm hoping for no surprises, we'll see :) in my case i don't expect it to get a lot of heavy use so i am willing to gamble that the price is lower due to it not being a well known brand name...always have the hi-lift ands straps just in case.

winchdepot.com
10k lb winches for under 500$ and only 9.95 shipping anywhere in the us

I've seen several used Warn winches in good condition go for less then $500. Not sure about your area but they show up fairly regularly in the classifieds around here.

mitsumotors said:
i know nothing about winches. if i'm trying to fit it in behind the bumper i can't have that little box on top of it. does that box have to go there or can i mount it somewhere in the engine compartment?
I was thinking of going with this one
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-...8&t_s=300&t_pt=100702&t_pl=6426&t_pn=S/B97281

A winch that fits behind the stock bumper probably wont have enough power to pull your rig .. but:

What are you planning to build to hold the winch? The stock bumper mounts would rip right out of the frame.

i think it should be able to mount to the framerails with some slight modification and fabricating of some mounting peices, prettymuch what lazyxj did if you look at his link above. he used a m8000 winch. the winch i found(above link) is pretty much the same dimensions. i'm assuming 8000Lb pull is enough??

Back