• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help

lacherokee96

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I was on may way home from work and my acclerater stopped working and and finaly my car died. I put 3 gallons of gas in it because I thought I was just of of gas. It still wouldnt start. Its cranking but not firing at all. Check engine light came on. hooked it up to the obd II code reader and gives code P0108 (Manifold Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction (High Input))
Is that my MAP Sensor? I also checked fuel pressure wile cranking it and it was at about 50 or 60 so My pump is working. Anybody have any suggestions.

How long did you let it crank for?
I ran mine out of gas (on purpose) and crank time took a while almost killing my weak battery.

I'd say clear codes and try again, if code returns test MAP and all wiring to ECU

I cranked for a long time, and im positive its not the fuel pump or the injectors I bought a can of started fluid today just to check and nothing. I cleared the codes and nothing I replaced the map sensor itself and still got nothing. The sensor is mounted on the throttle body so there no vac lines to check just, just a little "L" shaped tube the connects directly to the map sensor. any other suggestions, possibly the wire harness or wiring that connects to the map. how do i test that wiring?

Back