• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting 35x12.5" tires

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I have 4.5" in the front and 4" in the rear... iam currently running 33X12.5" tires(with no trimming and am not rubbing) but would like to go to 35x12.5" tires. with some trimming will that work? also will it look good and work good offroad? thanks guys:eeks1:

How are you not rubbing? I have the same set up and I rub everywhere. Do you have massive bumpstops or what? With 35's trimming is going to be a must if you plan on wheeling it.

well, i can drive it anywhere on the road without rubbing, i did trim the front fender flares where they meet the bumper ends and the inside of the fender flares in a couple spots but thats it. it would rub if i was hitting huge bumps at high speeds though. anyways, so are you saying that with some trimming 35's will fit good? i can deal with some trimming i just don't want to cut half the fenders off or anything that drastic.

Well, it seems like you mostly keep this thing on road. Then yes, I would say you can run the 35's with some slight trimming. Do you have any plans to change the gears?

i had pretty decent trimming and some 35's on my 4.5" lift. it rubbed pretty good in the rear when i flexed but what do you expect? the front on the other hand didnt rub and i was pretty surprised, and i think it looks really good. nice and low center of gravity.

i just finished building it so it hasn't had a chance to see any mud... but it will:clap:. and i put a 29 spline chryco in it and geared it to 4.56 gears. i want it to be good for offroading but not cut up to crap. its not a daily driver but i still want it to look nice.

this is how it sits right now(except the exhuast was just done and is not hanging like it is in this picture)
IMG_1134.jpg

mitsumotors said:
i just finished building it so it hasn't had a chance to see any mud... but it will:clap:. and i put a 29 spline chryco in it and geared it to 4.56 gears. i want it to be good for offroading but not cut up to crap. its not a daily driver but i still want it to look nice.

On my last trail rig, I ran 35's on 3 inches...with alot of trimming. I did rub alittle in the rear, but I never cut a tire. Make sure you have a good backspace on your rims. The advantages to this setup is keeping your center of gravity as low as possible and still having tires big enough for larger obsticles (sp). With 4 and 4.5 you should be okay.

I just saw your pic. Those stock turbines will rub. Get something with a 3.75 bs.

I'd probably want something closer to 5 then 4.5, but it should work with enough cutting.

I cut a bunch and have 35's on 5.5 with plenty of room

2466546753_3174a21b08_b.jpg

2569270171_0eaf43e8b9_b.jpg

2330818418_e4ab6d2b6e_b.jpg

2301852666_ca53da0620_b.jpg

ill soon be on 35s on 5" (4.5" lift kit) once i get my front end shit straightened out and a new rear with gears... and a tad of rear trimming

um i doubt this guy wants to cut his fenders up so my vote is more lift! 7"- 8" of lift will have room to move and not rub.

mitsumotors said:
well, i can drive it anywhere on the road without rubbing, i did trim the front fender flares where they meet the bumper ends and the inside of the fender flares in a couple spots but thats it. it would rub if i was hitting huge bumps at high speeds though. anyways, so are you saying that with some trimming 35's will fit good? i can deal with some trimming i just don't want to cut half the fenders off or anything that drastic.

Once you take that thing offroad kiss those flares good bye. With no cutting the tires are going to rip them off as they dent your fenders... So either cut the crap outta it or keep the trailer queen on the street.....

i'd like to keep the center of gravity low on it so no more lift. but i am willing to cut some to get those tires in there, just not like some of the jeeps i've seen that look like someone went to town on them with a chainsaw.

if i am fitting 33x12.5" wide tires on my 7" wide stock rims right now with 1.25" wheel spacers and they fit fine and look alright does that mean that i can fit 35x12.5" wide tires on the same stock rims without any problems and use the same wheel spacers?

Back