• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch bumpers

dard1324

NAXJA Forum User
Which winch bumper would you guys recommend? Which ones have a reliable mounting system? I'm currently looking at Aj's, JCR, and Nates. I ordered Aj's several weeks ago by phone but I've never gotten ahold of him again and this has been on on-going problem since April so I've pretty much given up. What other bumpers should I consider?

AJ is under water, his hole state is flooded.

GO with........Rigid Co. or JCR

They both make stout bumpers with great approach angles, imo they are the only way to go...........unless you can build you own.

JCR :thumbup: Support those that support us!!

JCR, I bought there winch bumper back in November and could not be more happy with it and the aproach angles it gives me. I just can't wait till i can save up enough money to get a winch and put it to the ultimate test.

C85D4x4 said:
GO with........Rigid Co. or JCR

They both make stout bumpers with great approach angles, imo they are the only way to go...........unless you can build you own.

+1 I just ordered a Rigidco, but not a winch bumper. Can't wait to get it :D

I've been pretty happy with the JCR bumper, but the only pulling I've done with it so far has been on fallen trees. It sits high up also. Much better approach angle than before. The only complaint I would have is that the holes drilled in the fairlead mounts weren't even close to matching the holes drilled in the bummper. It wasn't a big deal for me to just make another though. It certainly wouldn't stop me from buying another one in the future if I had to.

Very pleased with my detours . You can make it what you want it to be. Very strong and helps brace the steering box mount. I've winched some huge things without worry, and you can highlift off it (well the way I have mine setup)

definitly check out TNTs rock runner bumper. Make sure you get the turn signal guards. Its a really sick steel bumper, especially in black. Here is the link to it... Its got a cross member skid too, I can plow over trees and brush with it, though i try to avoid that. My tmax 9k winch bolted right up...
http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=69

Here is a pic of mine on my Xj....

n1398781016_30829192_6361.jpg

I really like my C-rok low profile.

i just ordered a nates4x4 slimline recessed front winch bumper. i dont know how its gonna work out yet, but i think it will do just fine

Based on the variety of replies, is it pretty much safe to go with any mounting system?

nw-xj-scott said:
ARB used to be my fav.. till i was told they are thin, and bend easily

X2, I was out wheeling with a friend who had just gotten a ARB bumper and by the end of the day it was bent.

But those bumpers are meant to crumple and smash in an accident, which is great for a mall crawler.

-Alex

rooneypower said:
Go custom, you can put together all the things you like off of other bumpers and the self satisfaction of making it is awesome..

Keil

:roflmao:

Hows your window dude? I heard that someone punched it in...:eyes:

-Alex

Back