• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signal lights

lonecountryboy

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 XJ that has a really wierd problem. When I turn on my lights I noticed my left turn signal light in the dash also comes on. Seems to work fine but it is kind of annoying and when I mean comes on I mean only the light in the dash behind the arrow comes on not the blinker itself. If you try the blinker with the lights on it still functions normally but the light is always on. Anybody have any prints on the instrument cluster? or has anybody had this problem before, I tried searching but didn't come up with anything.:patriot:

Dude, chill. Your first post was less than an hour ago. Don't bump your threads.

You've either got a ground problem in your wiring harness, or you've got a bad light socket.

Pick up a Hanes manual at your local parts store. It should have the schematics for the wiring. You probably have a shorted wire somewhere.

Sounds like a bad bulb. If not then look at your turn sig switch, relay...... The list goes on. But deff check the bulbs first.

I see that your in oregon, instead of picking up a haynes manual or chiltons or whatever... if you have a library card or someone that has one in washington county, they have this site that has pretty much everything you need to fix.
:repair:

its all free, but you do need a library card number. heres mine if you dont know anybody - 23614012653094

:geek: www.WCCLS.org <---- go to this site and under "online resources" you'll find auto repair then put the card number in and its pretty self explanatory from there.

Hope that helps... or at least some

Back