• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running BDS 3" leafs????

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
:guitar: Anyone out there running BDS leafs? What are your opinions on them? The have military wraps which I like and look really high quality Thanks guys

jdurbach said:
:guitar: Anyone out there running BDS leafs? What are your opinions on them? The have military wraps which I like and look really high quality Thanks guys
i had the BDS 3" full-leaf kit. i also have a rockhard rear bumper and swing-out tire carrier. between the bumper, the swing-out, and the wheel and tire, plus my toolbox, etc., it is nearly 300# back there.

the leaf springs started sagging badly. BDS has a full warranty, which they would honor by replacing the leaf spring set. i told them that the new set would sag just like the first. they agreed. they said that the springs were designed for stock vehicle weight.

i rebuilt the spring set at my own expense. BDS would offer no remedy under their warranty other than to replace the sagging springs with an identical set .

if you don't plan to upgrade your bumper, or carry a load of any kind, then maybe BDS will be fine for you.

jdurbach said:
how could they sag so bad with overload leaves on them
i dunno, but they did. i rebuilt them and now have 9-leaf packs.

2008_0516_xjproject45.jpg

jdurbach said:
how long did it take for them to sag
not long. i started noticing it after about 6 months, and it got worse. i redid them about a year after the install.

Back