• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon July 19

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Planning a day trip to CC on the 19th plan on meeting up at four corners at 9 and run. maybe a pot luck for lunch?

Now if you woulda' said sunday the 18th I'd be in.

I should be able to show up for a while finally got my front tow hooks installed

Hey mike I have an extra seat if you wanna go but your heep isnt ready yet.

4.SLOW said:
So how did the intsall go?

the install was about 20 min but i'm not finished i have to put bolts in the 2 rear bolt holes the one next to the starter and the other side i'll prolly tack weld them also.

still scared to attempt sidewinder without rock rails though

WraithKWK said:

No worries, I have ran it twice without rails just have to pick conservative lines.

last i saw there werent any of those lines

WraithKWK said:
last i saw there werent any of those lines

Yeah, also HB is running more lift and bigger tires then you. You'll contact your rocker panels a lot sooner then he will. :D I've seen people run some gnarly trails without rails. I was kind of shocked and I asked the driver about it. He said "I've got 8.5" of lift and 35's, it's never been a problem". Then I thought "oh yeah, his rocker panels never touch crap"

At your height, I'd say sidewinder is iffy without rails. Especially a spot or two near the end. But probably doable, esp if you put some rocks in the proper places. Just move them out of the way when I go through :D

WraithKWK said:
the install was about 20 min but i'm not finished i have to put bolts in the 2 rear bolt holes the one next to the starter and the other side i'll prolly tack weld them also.

Heh, a stocker could do sidewinder in 2wd, there are bypasses for the hard part. :)

markw said:
Heh, a stocker could do sidewinder in 2wd, there are bypasses for the hard part. :)
So does this mean ur coming out Mark

I'll also give san diego xj a ring and see if he is coming

markw said:

Don't listen to Mark, he hardly knows what wheeling is like without rails, lockers and lift. :D

Look at 3:45-4:05:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSwTF3jZkk&fmt=18

This is on Sidewinder and probably the biggest thing I would worry about without rails and only a couple inches of lift. There is no other route through that.

But it's mostly true, there are a ton of bypasses, and relatively speaking, it's a fairly easy/short/trail, good for breaking in noobs.

Have fun! ;)

Exactly my point that spot and one other would crunch me without some rails to pivot on... wife would kick my ass if a come home and the passenger doors wont open

WraithKWK said:
Exactly my point that spot and one other would crunch me without some rails to pivot on... wife would kick my ass if a come home and the passenger doors wont open

Don't let me scare you off. You could probably do it without damage if you take your time, have a good spotter, and stack. Just unstack it after you are done turning it into a bridge.

Did Mike just call us noobs? :D

If you want to run it, I'm sure we can take it real slow and get you through with minimal rocker damage. And, worst case, we turn around at the tough spot. I've seen your rig two or three times now... and never on a trail!!

mikedashg said:
Hmm, not on purpose. Just saying that pretty much anybody could do that trail, and not to worry too much. But now that you mention it...

I remember that "help help help"

lmao

Back