• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hub assembly cross-reference

You need to provide more info.

What are you looking for?

84/89 XJ 87/89YJ early type -90/98 XJ 99/01 XJ with 2 piece rotor,90/99 YJ& TJs late type. the early type has a tapered Timken bearing, the later type has ball bearings. The steering knuckles have the same interchange. I hope this answers your question. You gave all the information needed, it was a simple question!

cherokee chuck said:
84/89 XJ 87/89YJ early type -90/98 XJ 99/01 XJ with 2 piece rotor,90/99 YJ& TJs late type. the early type has a tapered Timken bearing, the later type has ball bearings. The steering knuckles have the same interchange. I hope this answers your question. You gave all the information needed, it was a simple question!

You're information is incomplete and incorrect.

I'll respond in full AFTER dinner, but it just isn't that simple.

here are the basic part factory numbers for the various hubs.

Hub Assembly, Front 84/89 53000228
Hub Assembly, Front w/ 2 pc.stamped rotor 90/99 53007449AB
Hub Assembly, Front w/ 1 pc. Cast rotor 99/01 53007449AC or 05016458AA

if you want to use mopar stuff, ask for these "valueline" hubs... 1 year warranty, retail price is $105, but if you have a buddy at a dealership, you can get them around $75-80. 99+ V2506458AA, 91-99 V2507449AA

cal said:
You're information is incomplete and incorrect.

I'll respond in full AFTER dinner, but it just isn't that simple.
Yes, excuse me! Grand Cherokee 93/98 is the same , and I believe the newer cherokees & 00/06 wranglers ,will work if you use the appropriate rotor. I missed the GC hub because I didn't have a Crown part# for it , but when I cross referenced it with OMIX the GC popped up. My mistake. I didn't mention the later stuff because you have to use the rotor don't you? I'll be open to more info on this as you can never have too much knowlege about the way you have earned your living, right?

cherokee chuck said:
Yes, excuse me! Grand Cherokee 93/98 is the same , and I believe the newer cherokees & 00/06 wranglers ,will work if you use the appropriate rotor. I missed the GC hub because I didn't have a Crown part# for it , but when I cross referenced it with OMIX the GC popped up. My mistake. I didn't mention the later stuff because you have to use the rotor don't you? I'll be open to more info on this as you can never have too much knowlege about the way you have earned your living, right?

The later stuff is the same as the 00/01 XJ/TJ, and you have to use the right rotor no matter which you use. 90 is the same as 87-89 - which is the same as 84-86 4x4, but 2x4 used spindles and not hubs.

The knuckles aren't all the same either, I don't recall if the break was 91 or 97 though.

You can use ANY unit bearing from any XJ/YJ/TJ/ZJ on ANY XJ/YJ/TJ/ZJ as long as you get the rotor that is matched to it.

You can use ANY knuckle from any XJ/YJ/TJ/ZJ on any XJ/YJ/TJ/ZJ as long as you get the brake caliper that is matched to it.

If you're using the OMIX-ADA book to look up hubs, you should print some of the numbers listed on this page and keep them handy. ;)

And as far as what you do for a living .. what does that have to do with anything? I met a french engineer from Renault a couple years ago who swears 1991 XJ's have a billit block - because that was how the HO was originally spec'd. He BUILT the engine but didn't know what it was made of. :)

Sorry if I didn't provide enough info. :laugh3:

At the moment, I don't have the money for a new hub assembly, so I was gonna hit up the Pull-a-Part and take a risk on a used unit. Thanks for all the info guys. So it looks like there was a change in mid-'99. I probably wouldn't use one from any earlier than a '95 or something anyway.

RenegadeStang said:
Sorry if I didn't provide enough info. :laugh3:

At the moment, I don't have the money for a new hub assembly, so I was gonna hit up the Pull-a-Part and take a risk on a used unit. Thanks for all the info guys. So it looks like there was a change in mid-'99. I probably wouldn't use one from any earlier than a '95 or something anyway.

The change was in 2000, when they went from a HP30 to a LP30.

It doesnt matter what you get at the yard, if you find a newer one just get the rotor to go with it.

A good friend of mine drives a 93 with 87 knuckles/calipers and 2000 rotors/hubs.

I've heard that the official changeover date was 3/9/00, but I've seen quite a few 99s with the newer brakes, so that isn't a firm date. One of my buddies has a 99 and we had some issues with that when we were first learning about XJ mechanics.

the knuckles are 90 & later just like the calipers.yes the rotors have to match the hubs, but if you just want to buy a hub & have it fit without changing any additional parts I gave the correct information.Renagade Stang asked what the hub interchange was, not what hub/rotor assy will fit or how to make early calipers fit on later rigs. IT WAS A SIMPLE DIRECT QUESTION and I gave a simple answer, except I missed the GC hub.the guy wanted to know what hub fit what vehicles and I told him. My information was accurate and almost complete and answered the question & I did not need to know the year of his rig to answer it.

cherokee chuck said:
the knuckles are 90 & later just like the calipers.yes the rotors have to match the hubs, but if you just want to buy a hub & have it fit without changing any additional parts I gave the correct information.Renagade Stang asked what the hub interchange was, not what hub/rotor assy will fit or how to make early calipers fit on later rigs. IT WAS A SIMPLE DIRECT QUESTION and I gave a simple answer, except I missed the GC hub.the guy wanted to know what hub fit what vehicles and I told him. My information was accurate and almost complete and answered the question & I did not need to know the year of his rig to answer it.

whatever guy

!!!1

Back