• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Still having this steering problem

Jeep Couple

NAXJA Forum User
Ok my XJ had this problem when I bought it and I was thinking it would be fixed pretty easily by getting it aligned and putting a HD trac bar on it but no such luck.

basically, every time I turn (either way) It feels really tight, almost like there's no power steering. Then I give the wheel a little shake, or wiggle and it frees up. I almost want to say it feels like something is stuck and when I wiggle it it "breaks loose". Any idea what this could be?

Thanks
Nick

I know it should be in the tech forum. in fact I actually just read the post about the moving posts and all that, but the truth of the matter is. I don't know those ppl. I wouldn't want someone who thinks they know everything trying to answer my question and be completely wrong. If I have a problem with something be it cars or anything else, I go to the source I can trust and wheither I'm likely to get the right answer.

SoCal Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

you're just as likely to get someone talking out of thier ass in here bro :D the best part about the tech section is pretty much every question that can be asked about a jeep has been asked before. a little searching and you'll find someone who has had the same problem as you, and most of the time how they fixed it.

Does it do it when the wheels are of the ground?

I had a bad problem with that in my YJ and it was the locking pin in the column being broken and hanging up. Pulled the locking pin out and no more problem but I also dont have a locking steering wheel now

Back