• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How old are YOUR tires!

:flame: WOW great info on that video. im going to check mine today, only on my :flame: DD the jeep very seldom gets over 40 mph or sees the payvment. i hope my:flame: boggers dont shread they are too danm expensive.:flame:

I had a rear tire with lots of tread on it throw the tread and steel belts off at 60 mph. The tire still held air. As the belt and tread came off in one piece it whacked the tail light and tail gate and damaged them both. It had a good 1/2 to 3/4" of tread, but the rubber had stress, oxidation cracks all over the tread area, in the groves between the tread, that I had not noticed.

The trick is to check the tire sidewalls and tread area for stress cracking, no matter how old it is.

Mine (crappy looking and soon to be replaced) are from late 06, and I'm happy with that.

My mother's NEW replacement 32" is from 01, while her old three are from 05 (when she got them). I REALLY hope it holds up to the weight of her suburban and the driving she does with it...

I'll make sure to check the ACTUAL years on the tires I'll be getting soon (probably BFG A/T's)...

That article was too long, I had to skip to the part with the decoding, which turns out to be pretty simple, but I'm thankful that this came up!

The swampers that I bought back in 2005 from fourwheelparts were made in 94!!!I'll have to inspect those tomorrow...
So there is liability on the retailers part if a tire blows and causes vehicle damage or worse injury/death???

Next set of tires I buy will be local so I can make sure I'm getting a "new" set.

Last edited:
I put some Cooper CS4's on wyfies mini-van about 3 months ago. I just went out and looked them over and I cannot find any date code on them.:dunno:

Last set I had bought were new to teh market and from what the tire shop manager said, weren't even available when I first went to buy them and had to wait another month before I could have them installed! That was in '05 though........

Back