• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tiny fender trim with pics.

mscans

NAXJA Forum User
so, i had some tire rub at full stuff, wanted to trim em up a bit, used the cut and fold technique.

i am going to add some more 22gauge gavaniel after i get the pass side this far along.

Photo003.jpg

Photo008.jpg

Photo006.jpg

Photo004.jpg

Photo005.jpg

for more about my jeep project check out the build thread.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955705

i think you went a little to LOW with the "cut and fold" technique :D

You should have came up higher, i can still see some 1/4 panel:laugh3:

Tiny like my ego!!! Wow thats sweet!!!

More/bigger pics please..................:D :thumbup:

well, i have the drivers side mocked up, i finished the tack welds, and the little bends.

and then! i get a phone call.

it's an XJ in distress, my roomate tommy, on i95, locked up his rearend.

spider gears everywhere, and a 45 minute tow back to the shop, just finished welding that mo-fo solid.

spiders belong in charlottes web, no spiders in that diff, just steel and steel.

works for now, we'll see how long she lasts like that.

i'll have bigger better pics when my GF gets back from north carolina. she has the good camera.

no offense, but your jeep looks like something out of mad max!

Sweet job but are you sure it's a Cherokee? Can't tell by the pixs. :)
Ever think about bigger wheel wells? Wouldn't think it take much more work in the rear. The front might be tuffer.

mscans said:
lol at the comments, nothing more?
Only thing that comes to mind is why?:dunno:

I guess this is why Jeepin' is so cool. You can do whatever YOU want to your rig, and if it's OK with you, then so be it.

I wouldn't do that to mine, but hey, ya never know, I feel like I'm getting senile anyway.:eyes:

I was wondering the same...looks like the wheel well itself is only increased a little, why chop so much of the rest out for tire clearance when I've never known a tire to that far back...;)

PS: Those aren't the tires you were trying to fit right? :D

well, with the rims i run, they are 3.75 inches of backspacing, so most of the tire comes out of that wheel well, i dont have a problem with it rubbing in there.

why chop so far back? why not, i dont use those factory tail lights, and i couldn't think of a way to do it without being a rediculous amount of work. soo if it's going to be a rediculous amount of work, i might as well make it kinda match the front.

also, i'm planning to move the rear axle backward 3 inches with some van springs soon enough, so at that point, the tire will be out of the stock well.

Back