• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lost keys... how can i hotwire?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i know how to turn the engine over but how do i get power to things like the fuel pump etc...?
would i have to take apart the column? and take out the tumbler or what?

Take your title and registration to a jeep dealer and have them cut you a new key. They can cut it off of the VIN and sence you dont have the key already the title is to prove you own the truck other wise they wont cut it.

No sense in messin up parts and having to replace them if you dont have too right?

Start calling your local jeep buds...there are more matching keys out there than you think. I currently own an xj and a dodge diesel that take the same key and my wife old xj took the same one also. :D

You could run a jumper from the 12v constant to the ignition right there under the steering wheel w/o much fuss. Any Jeep key could open and start my 92 and my 96 key will open my brother's 93 door. I once got locked out of my 94 and a dodge key opened up the tailgate.

For that matter, you could disconnect the actuator rod from the ignition switch and manually start it from there.

That still doesn't solve the steering wheel lock or shifter lock though.

i took my 88 xj title and reg. and they dealership couldn't make me a key. said they didn't have the key code. i just ripped apart my ign switch. then i scrapped the truck.

key code is found on lock cyl.
There are mobile key makers that can re-key without original.
Call around. Here they'll charge around $80 takes less than hour.
Good luck

Back