• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom 8.25 diff cover and fozzy locker

Looks nice man, good work. It looks like you left 3 openings per side on the spiders, when I welded mine I only left 2. Any particular reasoning? Again man, good work.

whats the reason for leaving 2 teeth un-welded on each of the spider gears? Any reason why you couldnt just weld all the spider gears together front and back?? I mean i have my front end welded and we just welded the gears together... Im wanting to weld my rear up as well....

outlander said:
To the above poster: trail only rig or do you have a posi lock to disengage the axle for street use?

Its just a play toy but not trail only... I run a HP dana 44, so i have hub lock-outs to disengage the front end.

_MURDERED OUT_ said:
whats the reason for leaving 2 teeth un-welded on each of the spider gears? Any reason why you couldnt just weld all the spider gears together front and back?? I mean i have my front end welded and we just welded the gears together... Im wanting to weld my rear up as well....

If you weld the front and rear of the spiders togather then there is no way to get them out. By doing this I can remove them and go back to open carrier by swapping in unmodified spiders. Also I can trail repair if I destroy the spiders. I have had no problems with this setup but I do carry a spare complete carrier with me just in case.

and when you say there was too much slack, wouldnt a little movement help out on stress issues giving a tiny bit of wheel spin?? but there again could also break more spider gears...

With 3 teeth left unwelded I got about a 1/4 turn to the tires before the teeth bound up and locked. With my driving style that is too much and it would have put a lot of stress on everything especially the cross pin. By leaving 2 teeth unwelded it give less than 16th of a turn before binding up. This is more acceptable with my style of driving.

I'd like to see how you get the bolts in????

RCP Phx said:
I'd like to see how you get the bolts in????

Here it is installed and painted.

IMG_0461.jpg

Rob

Looks great nice job, im thinking about welding up my spiders too, the lockers are too much $$$$$$ for the 8.25 29 spline. i figure if i break something then i will regear and get a proper locker.

Back