• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Jerk

jeepdeez

NAXJA Forum User
My tranny (or something) jerks terribly when my truck sits on an incline. For instance when I back into my parking space the rear end sits lower than the front so when I put it in park it rolls a little. When I go to put it back in drive it jerks into gear. I know there's probably a simple answer so go ahead and call me stupid but I don't know that answer so I'm asking. Thanks in advance.

Easy fix, repair and use your e-brake.....

I get highly annoyed with the wife for not setting the e-brake. On flat ground, it doesn't so much matter if she sets it or not, but on a friggin hill, i want that SOB set tight....

The lurch, unfortunately is normal, BUT the weight of the Jeep on the motor mounts, WILL eventually take it's toll.....

I wish I had a picture of the front motor mount in her Town & Country minivan. That would turn ALOT of people into e-brake users......

The drum brake should be adjusted so that that it just drags a touch, then back it off a click or so until it doesn't.

I usually set the handbrake about four clicks then tighten the cable until I can't turn the wheels with all my strength.
Be sure the brakes are fully released after adjusting

The cable will be fine.

Back