• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Headlinght Problem..

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
On my way home today i noticed something weird with my headlights. A little background is about 6months ago i did a sealed light conversion with H4 bulbs. My driver side low beam stopped working but its high beam filament work fine. What strikes me as odd, is that the bulb that has the burnt low beam is extremely bright in high beam mode, so bright that it makes the passenger high beam look like nothing ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Pete

First off, get a new wiring harness which will provide better power and eliminate any possible problems.
Second should have gotten the "E code" H4s, not sealed beams. Buuuttttt, now that you have them... during the switch from low to high beam, for a moment both filaments are powered (when you pull back on stalk). Were you to watch the change they actually go extra bright, then less to high beam. Check by disconnecting the low beam wire and should have both on standard high beam. If thats the case, I'd say theres a wiring/relay problem (see #1 above).

Shogun, I apologize for my lack of clarity..
I converted my system to H4 bulbs and Ecode enclosures. I additionally built a new wiring harness myself with relays and fuses.
What i found to be strange is the fact that the system was installed less than 6months ago and the low beams on one of them is already burnt, secondly that same sides high beam operates fine but is extremely bright, more than usual.

Thanks,
Pete

Back