• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigid motor mounts?

HBDBRacing

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my XJ with 177,000 miles on it. I was out ona trail one night and came into town only to relize I was loosing alot of oil. At closer inspection of the oil lose I had relized both motor mounts went out and the motor had droped cuasing my oil filter to rub on my fender wall putting a hole in my filter. I replaced my mounts with a brand new set of stock mounts. The very next time I went out they both blew up. So I took a trip down to 4wheelparts and bought the heavy duty mounts. The very next I went out those had blown up as well.

Now I know the little 4.0 is not putting out so much torque that its ripping them apart. Its gotta be the ups and downs of the trails.

So heres the solve to my problem. I was thinking about fabing a set of rigid mounts. You guys have more experiance with the 4.0's then I so....

What do you think?

PHP:

Wow. :shocked: You must really be wheeling the hell out of that thing!

I'm on my stock mounts and I'be been wheeling mine for 6 years now.

I've used solid mounts in my 300ZX before with great success, but I have no idea what the experience would be like in an XJ. On my Z, things I noticed were more distinct vibration from the engine, more feel of the vibration through the chassis, much more engine noise transferred through the chassis, and noticeable increase in perceived torque to the wheels.

As the XJ is my daily driver, I probably wouldn't want to install solid mounts, but if it was just a weekend/toy vehicle, I wouldn't hesitate at all to at least give them a shot. If you're fabbing them up yourself, why not?

I like the way you think. It is my daily driver but I suppose if they dont work I could just take them out.

What part of PHX do you live in?

phxZ31 said:
I've used solid mounts in my 300ZX before with great success, but I have no idea what the experience would be like in an XJ. On my Z, things I noticed were more distinct vibration from the engine, more feel of the vibration through the chassis, much more engine noise transferred through the chassis, and noticeable increase in perceived torque to the wheels.

As the XJ is my daily driver, I probably wouldn't want to install solid mounts, but if it was just a weekend/toy vehicle, I wouldn't hesitate at all to at least give them a shot. If you're fabbing them up yourself, why not?

Ba-Riedo said:
Try M.O.R.E's bombproof motormounts.

-Alex

Look at Browndog motor mounts! A little cheaper but just as bombproof!

ColoradoRaptor said:
Look at Browndog motor mounts! A little cheaper but just as bombproof!

X2 Thaose are the ones that I run and so far they work great.

Back