• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Yard Sale / SwapMeet?

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hey guys,

I was thinking that I have quite a few things to sell (jeep and non-jeep stuff) but we can't hold any yard sales at our place and I thought it would be cool if we could do a group yard sale / swapmeet event somewhere

Idea is:
1. Anyone can bring anything they want to sell or trade.
2. You would have to inventory your items and put a sticker with the item # just in case items get mixed in a sale and the cashier would mark who sold what.
3. If you wanted to give away stuff for sale, the proceeds could be donated to the chapter for stuff like FOJV etc.
4. Meanwhile, we sell all the crap that we dont want in our garages; get money; hang with our pals; have a few brews; etc.

Anyone interested? How bout a location?

i know its way out of the way for everyone but we could do it at my shop any sunday, plenty of room... we would just have to promote it somehow.. i dont think we'd get alot of XJers driving by :D

my shop is in gardena, just off the 91 or 405.

Oh, my bad...im interested...but dont know of where it would be good to d......

Jump This said:
I have soooo much stuff I need to get rid of.
Sounds like another fundraiser!!!!

:D

How about out at Ricks house in Oct or Nov....once the weather cools!!
We can BBQ too!! Hells yeah!

Heh, we would all end up buying each other's crap so I don't know how well it would work for emptying the garage...

Daedalus454 said:
Heh, we would all end up buying each other's crap so I don't know how well it would work for emptying the garage...

That's true, probably not. But one mans junk is another mans treasure. I'd go if it were gonna be closer :D

2 or 3 years ago at Fiesta Island we had a mini-one of these. Forgot about this year.

I have access to a big yard with nice trees and reasonably clean bathrooms in San Gabriel. Parking is pretty decent and if we wanted to do a two dayer there are locking gates all the way around.

Jump This said:
Who the hell goes to garage sales anyway?

:D
You wouldn't believe how many people go to these things.
Place an add in the penny-saver, and on craigslist and you will have a weekend full of people.

btw: I have a garage full of stuff as well, but I need to get my Brother and sisters to get there stuff out first.

willy51 said:
I have access to a big yard with nice trees and reasonably clean bathrooms in San Gabriel. Parking is pretty decent and if we wanted to do a two dayer there are locking gates all the way around.
That sounds like a good place:dunno: ----------Hans

Back