• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an newer xj

I found on in the classifeds (2001 black sport), it looks nice and custom. It doesn't have a long arm suspension which I have been reading are highly desirable and the best on the market. But, the Jeep is pretty and has a lot already done, but is this a good deal or not?
I haven't been looking long for a Jeep but i like how the XJ's are cheapr and can carry a lot of stuff plus I love the 4drs. The only thing I don't like is when I was riding with my friend it always seemed like we were hitting our heads on the doors/roof (low cieling).
If you were to buy an XJ what woud you look for? I have 8k to spend!

Don't take this as me being a jerk, but the search button is your friend. Welcome to naxja, pictures and more info would help us to determine whether or not the one you're looking at is a good deal...

Last edited:
Buy a stocker and build it. Avoid Rusty's lift parts like the plague, oh, and best years are 91-95. :) If you want newer get a 97-98. I think it was 99 they had issues with the head cracking, and a 2000-2001 had a low pinion front axle.

I'm 6'2" and have no problems with headroom. Are you bouncing on the seats? ;) I've got a 96 with 153k on it, very reliable. Its the vehicle that doesn't break down or sit for weeks because it doesn't run right. My wife's car is out of commission right now with 50k fewer miles but the Jeep keeps goin.

Back