• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pre 96 Gas tank skid on 97 ??? HELP!@@!!

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
I could have sworn this thing would have been a bolt on but it looks like its about an Inch and a half to small front to back???

ANyone else done this. ANY HELP WOULD BE HUGE. I'd REALLY like to tighten this up and have er on today.

Sell it to someone with a 96-, use the proceeds to buy another skid

cut it. that's what i've seen done and plan doing to mine. cutting off the back i think is the best solution. i'll post up my findings as soon as i get to it. might be a week or more though...

yep. I got it on with some bloody knuckles a sawzall blade a BIG MALLET TO BEND IT OUT. ...and a whole lot of cursing.

Its on.

Now the rest of the day will be putting the entire Rigid bumper back on. Holy Jezus H. McGillacutty!!!

Hammered said:
yep. I got it on with some bloody knuckles a sawzall blade a BIG MALLET TO BEND IT OUT. ...and a whole lot of cursing.

Its on.

that's the jeepin way. i have to clean the rust off of mine and repaint it first...

Anyhow... the fact is IT IS A DIRECT BOLT ON. You just gotta tweak the rear of the skid so it will fit arount the bumper side of the tank... ALL THE BOLT HOLES line up PERFECTLY. kinda wierd. But I am SO GLAD TO GET THIS ON.

one more thing off the list. now 10 more things added to the list.

Post a pic. I bought a pre-96 skid thinking I could get it on, but no luck. I'd like to see you how did it, considering those older skids are plentiful and cheap at the local Pick and Pull. Can't seem to find a post-96 to save my life.

I dont think I ever saw a 97+ gas skid. But maybe they did the same Modification.

I removed the area inside the "V" cut with a sawzall then bent it out with a big Mallet. thats gonna be your main problem is bending it out.

73105ef0.jpg

Heres Both XJ and ZJ skids just to show the size difference. ZJ on the LEFT.

9c826fdc.jpg

Back