• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 8.8 track lock locker...any good?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so suppose I buy a junkyard 88 from an exploder to put on my jeep, i want one with 4.10s and LSD, for 2 reasons: one, its a traction device that comes with it so thats likr $500 less i have to spend on gears, and $500 less i have to spend on a locker... and two, it wont make noise on the street.

Ill probobly put in new clutch packs when i buy it, how hard are these for a regular old jeeper to replace? Are they as easy as putting an aussie locker in a dana 30?

Also, how is this thing in terms of performance? I know they arent the best, but lets put it this way: If im driving on some hills and one of my back left comes off the ground and looses all traction, will it throw the power to the other wheel? It may not be a 100% accurate LSD but will it kick in when i need it like that?

You can feather the brakes to get it gripping, as well, or use some slick e-brake techniques. This will trick the POSI into thinking it has to transfer torque if you get into a bind. I do it all the time with mine, works like a charm! :)

Its not a locker!For light-duty they work ok,after that youll want the real thing!

Skwerly said:
You can feather the brakes to get it gripping, as well, or use some slick e-brake techniques. This will trick the POSI into thinking it has to transfer torque if you get into a bind. I do it all the time with mine, works like a charm! :)

Cool, im sure it wont be hard to trigger it on my truck. Its a 5 speed so im sure ill be jerking it around a lot, but then again being a manual it will be hard to handle the brakes simultaneously..

RCP Phx said:
Its not a locker!For light-duty they work ok,after that youll want the real thing!

Are you running an 8.8 with a LSD? I am and it works great, even with one tire off the ground it still hooks up. yes it is not a full locker, but limitied slip is still considered to be a locker.

wether you call it a locker or not, its stilla traction assist device, but easier just to call it a locker . anyway, anyone else have any info on the LSD in terms of replacing spring packs?

I have been pleased with my 8.8 lsd, It works great,The truck had leass than 5000miles on it when I removed it, it'll do till I find a reasonably priced locker,kinda pricey!!

Back