• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost done with my subwoofer box

samger2

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about done with my Cherokee box. It'll sit directly behind the rear seat and is angled to the seat and comes out just a couple inches, so I'm not giving up much space at all. And I can easily remove it if I want to have more cargo space and lay down the seat. It'll house two 10 rockford P3 slimline subs. I should have it finished soon...

I kina went overkill on the amount of screws on the sides, but oh well.

More pics to come once it's carpeted and wired.

box3-1.jpg

box5-1.jpg

box6.jpg

box7-1.jpg

Nice, be sure to post finished photos in the Jeep.

You know, if you put a set of Boggers on it, the speakers won't matter as much

Nice job. Update the thread when you finish it all up.

I bought an L7 sub and amp the other day, and I've been debating whether to buy a box(hard to find for an L7, it's square), or build one. Still not so sure:laugh:

Looks great! I had a question about the screws. Do you predrill for the screws, or do you drive them in there with a cordless drill?

Markos said:
Looks great! I had a question about the screws. Do you predrill for the screws, or do you drive them in there with a cordless drill?

Looks like he drilled a pilot hole (just smaller than the threads of the screw) and the drilled a countersink to recess the head of the screw and applied some sort of liquid nails to the seems. If you don't drill pilot holes you'll just crack the mdf.

Nice build...what is the width on the MDF you are using?

Great setup, both of you (with pics) I like the idea of utilizing the angle of the back seat. :)

blue95xj said:
Looks like he drilled a pilot hole (just smaller than the threads of the screw) and the drilled a countersink to recess the head of the screw and applied some sort of liquid nails to the seems. If you don't drill pilot holes you'll just crack the mdf.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Then I finished the job with some silicone sealant along the seams.

Wow, the finished product is awesome! Great job on te build. Those are some nice subs you have in there too. that thing should kick like crazy. :D

Back