• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix O2 quick question

Stallacrew

NAXJA Forum User
Does a Renix have 2 O2 sensors? I don't think mine has any at all. I know the down stream one is missing if there is even supposed to be one there, but the up stream I dont think is there. I suppose someone replaced the CAT and welded the bung shut.

If I don't have any I understand I'll get really shitty mileage, and a rough ride perhaps, but I have neither. I get a smooth ride ( got a smooth ride that is, I blew the motor while hauling my boat with a bad oil leak I didnt know about) and I got around 18 on the interstate. Luckily I have a stroker sitting in the garage waiting to be put in today.

Do I even need these sensors for my RENIX and if so where am I gonna find the wires that go to the downstream ( and the upstream actually) so I can put some new ones in?

Much thanks, that question wasn't as quick as I thought it would be

--Alex

Yes there is a single O2 sensor in the exh manifold next to the EGR pipe. You may see the connector dangling underneath. There is no O2 downstream so the bug should be plugged.

It will run rich without it so your mileage is suffering even if you don't notice it. Also, you'll kill your cat off faster. Don't know about emissions testing in AL. If they test, you'll likely fail.

No testing in Alabama at all. I got my spec sheet from Chrysler and it said I have a recall, yet I haven't seen my O2 sensor, obviously since the thing is under all my intake and exhaust.

Thanks for the answer. I suppose I ought to change it, the PO didn't take too good of care of the jeep in the first place.

Back