• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much PAG oil (new compressor/accumulator)????

kshbaja

NAXJA Forum User
hopefully i am in the last chapter of this ac saga. ive got the replacement compressor and accumulator in. the last thing i need to do is put oil in and then button it back up. i know the general guideline is to drain whats in the old compressor and put that in the new compressor...well...the old compressor had almost nothing in it? what it did have was a nasty orange color. a good amount came out of the accumulator...but at this point the only components that may have oil in them still are the condenser and evaporator. referring to the fsm, it says the whole system should have 180ml, with 90 in the accumulator, 22 in the condenser, and 34 in the evaporator. can you imply that the compressor should have 34 ml (180 - 90accumulator - 22condenser - 34evaporator)?

basically trying to figure out how much oil to put in to avoid the situation a recent poster encountered blowing out his compressor with too little oil?

any help would be greatly appreciated! i need to have this rig on the road by tomorrow PM!

Back