• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm mounts

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well i just picked up a long arm setup of a guy and don't really care for how them mount to the frame. They just mount to some pockets that are welded to the stock tranny cross member.The arms use 2" johnny joints at the frame ends and i am going to get some more for the axle mounts. Does anybody know of any good companies that sell just the long arm mounts for the frame? I am looking for something good and strong but not too expensive. Let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

What brand of longarms?

I'm no fabricator or designer but I would say if you've got custom arms you're gonna be on your own to make your mounts. What kind of mounts were they in previously?

The guy just modified the stock tranny cross member to hold the rear of the long arms. Don't really think it is a good idea to use it. Just looking for other ideas.

The stock cross member is just sheet metal, I wouldn't trust that to hold the arms either. You may have better luck posting in advanced fab.

to my knowledge all RE lifts are 4 links

Well i know that it is not like the 3 link kit that rock krawler offers but is similar in design of the arms to the RE kit. Guess i will post up in advanced to see what people say. Thanks all.

Well maybe that is what i am thinking of. It has the long lower arm and the upper arm attaches to the lower arm at about half way.

^^ yes thats a radius arm setup.

A true 4-link has 4 arms that each go from the axle to a mount on the vehicle.

and to the OP, yes since those are custom arms, you should have custom mounts. Look up the 4-link calculator. There is a lot more to long arms then just building the arms and bolting them somewhere...

So would you recommend that i sell them and get something like the rock krawler 3 link kit instead of messing with all of this? Or should i just get some drop brackets? I will be around 6" in lift when done.

if you have the money go with RK, TnT, or Claytons. If not, go with drop brackets. I would ditch those custom arms.

Back