• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solid Cover Fill Plug Stripped!

Dundy

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Solid cover for my Dana 30 that i'm about to install. I put the cover on and was putting the fill plug in but it was hard to do. Well long story short the 14mm Hex plug is stripped and I need an idea on how to get it out and where I can get a new one besides directly from Solid.

Thanks,
Adam

use an easy out to remove it, match one up at your local hardware store.

My Solid Dana 44 and 8.8 cover fill plugs are the same size as the factory 44 cover I picked up from the local junkyard. Yours is a 30, so I don't know if they would use a different plug for it though.

I used a hex head bolt double nutted to instal/remove the drainplug of my solid cover for my dana 30(forget what size,find one that fits the plug snug)....Stick the bolt head in the drainplug and use a open end/box end wrench to turn the double nut.Might want to try that when you instal the new drainplug so you don't strip it.

Just go get a new one from any hardware store,they are all NPT and it is probably 1/2"NPT.

reelbigdundy87 said:
I have a Solid cover for my Dana 30 that i'm about to install. I put the cover on and was putting the fill plug in but it was hard to do. Well long story short the 14mm Hex plug is stripped and I need an idea on how to get it out and where I can get a new one besides directly from Solid.

Thanks,
Adam

Like everyone else said, use an easy outor weld a nut to it, then stop by your local hardware store or my favorite place Fastenal.

Back