• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sunk my 91, nothing when i turn the key

91whitexj

NAXJA Forum User
my friend has a 1991 Jeep XJ Limited, it has the 4.0, unsure on the tranny. me and some friends talked him into crossing a deep part of the creek, and needless to say he hit it way to fast and water ended up in the floor boards. After we pulled it out we unbolted the exhaust and drained it, drained water out of the intake, checked the oil and there was no water in it. it turned over several times but never started, now when you turn the key nothing happens, battery is brand new. need some help

we tried that, even hit them with a wire brush. the problem is that the interior lights dont come on, the gauges dont move, absolutley nothing reacts to the switch being turned on

other than fuseable links I would check to see that you are getting power to the ECM, if so check some of the outputs like the grounds that are passed for the Fuel pump. If the outputs aren't working then you may end up having to change out the computer.

thanks, we got the lights and everything to come on when we turn the key now. now the only problem is when you turn the key off and take it out, the lights never cut back off until the battery dies. what could cause this? messed up relay?

Back