• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another HP d44 ?

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
I'm hunting a spindle and disk brake caliper bracket from salvage yards on car-part.com. I've found a yard that has a '74 blazer that has both parts for a decent price. (very few have the bracket and yards around here suck) The question: i thought that the spindle and bracket we not side specific...only the knuckle. The yard is saying otherwise. Who's right? TIA blaise

blaisetd said:
I'm hunting a spindle and disk brake caliper bracket from salvage yards on car-part.com. I've found a yard that has a '74 blazer that has both parts for a decent price. (very few have the bracket and yards around here suck) The question: i thought that the spindle and bracket we not side specific...only the knuckle. The yard is saying otherwise. Who's right? TIA blaise

The spindle's aren't side-specific, but the caliper brakets are.
Billy

spindle is a term that is used for many different things...

on most cars, the spindle is the whole 'knuckle' and has a machined 'spindle' in it that the wheel bearings ride on, has the mcpherson strut on top, and has the a-arm mount on the bottom, and the steering arm on the front...

get on the phone with the yard before heading over there to confirm what you need is what they have...

also - Randy's Ring and Pinion sells the 4wd spindles like you are looking for and possibly the caliper mounts...

The yard is in Alabama and i'm in Louisiana. I did tell them i didn't need the knuckle. Of the two caliper mounts i have one fits both sides the other fits, but doesn't have enough space to mount the inner brake pad on either side.....

Back